revenge: a poem

by - 2:00 PM


my head pounds
my heart trembles
my thoughts race
when I feel that rush
of your skin brushing mine

the butterflies do their dance
my hands shake
my heart quakes

and then you flash that smile at me
you hold onto me
like I'm your only hope
you look upon me
like I'm your saving grace

but I'm just as broken
just as beaten
just as bruised

and I'm not safe
not safe for you

I'll twist your heart
I'll bend it to my will
I'll break your spirit
crush it into powder

you won't see it coming
I'm out for revenge
for the lies you said
no I didn't forget

nice try 
no escape
I'll take it out on you
don't worry
I'll have mercy
when you've paid your dues

don't you cry
don't you scream
for the monster will always win

you tried your best
to lie to me
but now
it's time
for the end

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. this is so good. You should write a novel based on it ;) or maybe just get Starset to put it to verse. Love itttt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😉

      ooh highest form of compliment is Starset thank you ✨🥰

      love you boo

      Delete
  2. Woah, such a good poem. <3 <3 I was hooked by the first line.
    I am slightly scared of this person who is speaking. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so good! Love it! *all the heart eyes*

    www.melodypersonetteauthor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete