:: introducing a new wip ::

by - 6:00 AM

I'll be honest, I didn't plan for this type of post, but my bestie suggested it aka begged me to do this post. And seeing as I had no other idea for this week, I figured I would go ahead and do that.

But before we begin, Bestie has a post very similar, with aesthetics and lyrics for one of her Pentegreens books. And she just posted it this week and you should definitely go check it out. I can tell you its amazing!! 

so you may be reading the title and thinking what the new W.I.P is that I'm referring to. 

Well, I am usually pretty quiet about my writings because I like to keep them close to home as I work on them. I haven't worked much on this one yet, but it is a super important story to me. 

The Raven Cycle meets The Traitor's Game


Snippets

-"Artemis," a voice whispers. 
My eyes flutter open.

-"You can't fall for me," he says, pacing. 
"Why not?"
He shakes his head. "You'll only be broken in the end.

-"You were born to lead this army. You don't need the crown or the title."

-"I'm the villain if this is a good vs. evil thing."

-"I'll be your hero if you let me."

Characters


Arden 

I was frightened of every little thing// That I thought was out to get me down// To trip me up and laugh at me~ lorde

I'll see you in the future when we're older// And we are full of stories to be told// Cross my heart and hope to die// I'll see you with your laughter lines. ~bastille

Oh, what a cold, dark world it is to walk through// Alone with a fear-filled head// Thinking of losing you is a haunted song// And a dread much worse than the fear of death~ flyleaf

If heaven's grief brings hell's rain// Then I'd trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday~ fob


Age: 20

MBTI: ISFP

Traits: charming, independent, unpredictable, passionate

Notes: pink hair, brown eyes, short, curvy, wild heart, ready to defend the defenseless, likes rock or alternative music, leather jackets, ripped jeans, leggings, band t-shirts, beanies, always has earbuds in



Sage

Don't throw stones at me// Don't tell anybody// Trouble finds me// All the noise of this// Has made me lose my belief~ imagine dragons

There was a time when a moment like this// Wouldn't ever cross my mind// The sun will rise with my name on your lips// 'Cause everything will change tonight~ bastille

All my friends are heathens, take it slow// Wait for them to ask you who you know// Please don't make any sudden moves// You don't know the half of the abuse~ top

And just one mistake// Is all it will take// We'll go down in history// Remember me for centuries~ fob

Age: 23

MBTI: INTJ

Traits: rational, arrogant, independent, combative 

Notes: dark hair, blue eyes, tall, fit, broody, quiet, morally gray, dangerous, fast, drives an old mustang, lives in bars and clubs, night owl, listens to rap and dark stuff, is not fully human

Aesthetics 





Blurb

Arden is on the hunt for something. Something to fulfill her. She wants identity in a world full of copy and paste personalities. She wants to be different in a way that doesn't draw too much attention. She didn't really expect her life to be stupid parties her roommates drag her to and working full time at the coffee shop in the nice part of the city. 

Sage is on his own quest. The king of The Underground is looking for the rise of the mortal who will come to usurp his power, something known to happen every one hundred years. This being the hundredth year, Sage is sent out above ground, looking for the one who could end their lives as they know it. 

When his quest leads him to a boring house party, he doesn't expect to find the one he's looking for. Things get complicated as lines blur of good and evil. And both Sage and Arden must decide what destiny they choose. 

So there you have it. Currently, the book is called Still Here. I have run out of wip names and have resorted to naming them after songs I like after hearing Maggie Stiefvater did the same thing with her newest book coming out about THE KING RONAN LYNCH, Mister Impossible.

If you know what song Still Here is, comment below and tell me. It's a very underrated song, muhahahaha.

Also... you may also have noticed I have been gone for three weeks. 

The truth to that is a bit complex, but cliff notes version is that I was out of ideas and needed some time away from blogging to really focus on what I wanted to do. And what I wanted to do was rant about writing. 

And seeing as this book just so happens to be Bestie's favorite I'm working on so far, she has been screaming at me (nicely of course) to write an aesthetic post about this one. 

So, my boo, here is your post  🤣❤

But in all seriousness(she did yell at me to do this though), I really wanted to do something like this for some wips. I may do some more in the future. 

Oh, and before I forget, there is a playlist for this book. Three, actually. So if you like the grunge, dark, fantasy, contemporary vibes, then you might like these playlists. And just know they will be updated constantly as I always find more songs. My true love is Spotify playlists. 🤣🤣

 




All right! Love y'all. Stay warm if its cold where you are <3 

Stay Amazing!
~Brooke















You May Also Like

30 comments

  1. BROOKE. THIS STORY SOUNDS AMAZING. You had me at "Raven Cycle Meets the Traitor's Game," but THOSE CHARACTERS. AND THAT PLOT. I NEED THIS BOOK NOWWWWWW.

    Also I'm pretty sure Sage is going to steal my heart XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARGH MY BABIES MY FAVORITE BOOKS YOUR BOOK EEEEEEEEP

    THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS BLOG POST IT EXCEEDED ALLLLLLL MY EXPECTATIONS *SOBS*

    AND THIS IS JUST....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *FLAILS FOREVER*

    YOU ARE AMAZING AND I LOVE YOU BOO!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESS ITS YOUR BABIES THEY'RE ALL YOURS AHHHHHH

      YOU'RE WELCOME I LOVE THIS POST SOO MUCH TOOOO

      *FLAILS WITH YOU*

      NOT AS AMAZING AS YOU LOVE YOU TOO BOO!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. FAIRG THANK YOU FOR MAKING BROOKE WRITE THIS POST, I owe ya xD

      Delete
  3. Sage looks my type of broody BOI tbh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cardan putting boi in all caps, excuse the bothersome rascal

      Delete
    2. YAY!!! and yessss Cardan knows xD

      Delete
  4. YES YES YES YES I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE!!!! i already know that i'm going to be obsessed with Sage lolololol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh this is so intriguing!! I can't wait to hear more about it! and I will most definitely be listening to those playlists ASAP because they sound like my jam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ACK, I need this in my liiiiife, when can I read it??? 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you!! it's got quite a while before it'll be ready, but thank youuuu <3

      Delete
  7. Your aesthetics board is goals. Also, looking through those songs, I can tell we have a very similar music taste! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!!! oooh yesss I enjoy finding people with similar tastes in music!

      Delete
  8. How do people write such amazing blurbs??? What's your secret??? (aka GREAT JOB ON THAT BLURB NOW I GOTTA READ THIS BOOKKKKKK)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dude I didn't think it was that good 🙈 thank you so much!!! <3

      Delete
  9. This looks and sounds amazing! I love a good aesthetic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your story sounds amazing!!!! The characters descriptions/details, the blurb, EVERYTHING. <3 I just love your aesthetics!!! <3 I am actually wondering where you got your pictures and awesome lines from.
    Hey, I have a story idea that uses Heathens as a character song too! And Centuries too, but it's a villain song instead.
    And high-five for having a pink-haired girl!!! <3 I have one too, and it's so cool to see another one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!

      I get my pictures from pinterest and I use canva (free version) to make aesthetics! Quotes are from pinterest too, unless I typed out the quote, then it's from me haha

      YAY more pink hair girls!!

      Delete
    2. So how does using Pinterest pictures work? I am always worried about copyright that I never use them on my own blog, though I really want to.

      Delete
    3. some people who use them will put a little disclaimer that all pictures being used are from pinterest. but as long as you aren't selling things with these pictures it should be safe. it has more to do when you sell things using someone else's pictures rather than just free things. <3

      Delete
  11. Oh, okay, I got the impression that even jut using them on blogs is breaking copyright
    rules because using them means that you're claiming them as your own. I don't really know. The interest is very vague about the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it truly is very vague. If you are concerned, I would suggest putting the disclaimer that all pictures are from pinterest and rights go to their respective owners. That way you are disclosing the origin. I totally get the worry, that's why avoided using them for so long, but then I really needed them for aesthetics and things like that so it worked out better to use them. I probably should start putting disclaimers more often haha xD

      Delete
    2. I will do that! Thanks for all of the help!

      Delete
    3. Well, we wouldn't want you to get into trouble, would we? XD

      Delete
  12. I love the name Sage. XD This sounds EPIC AND AMAZING WOW. I'm already in love with Arden, pink hair and insecurities and all <3

    ReplyDelete