The Dimension Takeover// My Friends Roast Me

by - 7:00 AM



What's up, friends? (I'm writing in coral because that is the color you will see me in the rest of the week.)

Today, I- OR SHOULD I SAY WE- are doing a special collab post that world possibly isn't ready for, but they actually need. So it's all for the greater good.

TODAY, I have the amazing group chat, THE DIMENSION, with me. (If you know where the name for the group chat comes from, then you get bonus points. Comment below!!)

Today, I am joined by my best friends, Faith, Lila, Lisa, and Gray! (Anna is also a huge part of our group chat, but could not join our post this time around. But she's just as important and I just wanted to shout her out!)

All right, ladies, introduce yourselves.

Hey, all! I’m Gray Marie (a.k.a. The Unicorn Potato). 

Yo. It’s Faith, also known as Wraith (to literally no one but me), Florid Sword, R.F. Gammon, and a plethora of other things. FUN TIMES FOR ALL 

Hello, friends! Lila Kims here, aka The Red-Hooded Writer, aka the resident cinnamon roll

HELLO ALL, I’m Lisa and I’m Brooke’s fellow HTTYD fan, Faith’s fellow Carden fan, Gray’s fellow coffee fan, and Lila’s fellow Owl City fan. THAT ABOUT COVERS IT. 

These girls have really shaped my whole blogging experience and have talked me off many ledges while teasing me and picking on me and making fun of my huge obsession on The Blood Race, which brought us to this giant collab. We will each be doing a post on our respective blogs, so make sure you check those out, I will have them linked at the end of this post. 

Let me explain how this is going to work!

I am going to say a statement or question and the girls are going to be ever so kind to reply and answer in the same way they would in the group chat. 😂😂

After I make a few questions or statements, they are just going to talk about everything I do concerning this obsession. I just have some unanswered questions and what better way than in a blog post for the world. (actually low-key scared for this.)

How often do I talk about The Blood Race Trilogy?

Gray: Wayyyy too often! How often do you breathe????

Faith: *sighs* EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY. Every time she texts the group chat. Every SINGLE moment. If it can be referenced, it will be. And heaven help the poor soul who thinks they can have a conversation with her without her bringing it up.

Lila: Whenever it fits into the conversation we’re currently having. And believe me, she finds ways. XD

Lisa: The real question is, does Brooke actually eat her meals and sleep or does she SPEND HER WHOLE DAY MOONING OVER FIN, because YES, I’M CONCERNED FOR HER HEALTH. Does that answer the question? Who’s asking this anyway. 
  
Name any of my quirks concerning this obsession that I tend to have on the Group Chat. 

Gray: Every. Single. Conversation. Leads. Her. Back. To. TBR. 🙄

Faith: #FINNEEDSHUGS makes its way into every conversation, without fail. Even when we’re talking about serious things or even something like trouble at work or our personal love lives *coughs loudly* she manages to bring it in. EVERY SINGLE TIME. 

Lila: If she’s talking in all-caps, there’s a very good chance she’s talking about The Blood Race. Nothing brings out the all-caps like the topic of her favorite book.

Lisa: SHE MARRIED FIN WITHOUT TELLING US FOR GOODNESS’S SAKE, HOW IS THIS A QUIRK. IT IS VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS. 

Who is my favorite character in the book? Think deeply and ponder this|

Gray: Totally Fin. She calls him her husband because she is *whispers* super crazy. Run, Fin! *coughs* 

Faith: I love this question because the answer is so obvious. It’s Icarus. Clearly. The only character she EVER references. 

Lila: Definitely Fin. 100%. XD (He’s absolutely precious, so it makes sense.)

Lisa: I guess it depends?? I’d say our dear Irish boy Fin every time, but on the other hand, she relates to Hawk hardcore, so it really depends on what you mean XDD

Final Statements|

Gray: Not everything is about The Blood Race…. But with her it is. I never thought I would get tired of talking about it, but seeing Fin’s name now automatically makes me think, oh, no. Not this again
We all need a new group chat just for us to all hide from her when she goes on her longggggggggggg fangirling tirades.  

Faith: Oh, our dear sweet girl. *sighs* You know what you do about this series. You know how much you scream about it. You know your tendencies as regards it. You’re obsessed. I have nothing else to say about it. 

Lisa: *snorts* all I have to say is WAIT TILL I TELL KATE ABOUT FIN ELOPING WITHOUT TELLING HER. Then we’ll see who roasts who *looks smug*

Lila: To be honest, I’m too amused by the obsession for it to truly annoy me. Oh, and I happen to subscribe to the #FinNeedsHugs club, so… YEAH. The Blood Race is incredible and one of the best books I myself have ever read, so even though my level of love for it doesn’t quite reach Brooke’s (I doubt anyone’s could XD), I understand her. Mostly. And one last thing - If K.A. Emmons ever dreamed of being someone’s favorite author or of someone loving her dear story with all their heart and soul (I’m sure she did), then our slightly bonkers darling Brooke is that dream come true. <333

Haha, they love me, I swear. 

In all seriousness, I swear I don’t talk about it all the time. Our group chat actually consists more of life stuff, random ramblings, but most importantly, Jesus. 

I wanted to take a moment to encourage y’all that have blogs to form good bonds with good people, to seek out the friendships that encourage you, not only in life goals but your walk with Christ, too. I have friends at my job, but none of them bring me the heart-warming, soul-soothing conversations that can come from true friends that Jesus has so kindly brought into my life. I want to thank them for doing this crazy collab post, and for always being there for me. I want them to know that I’m here for them, too. And I hope our friendships last forever. And that I will try to say fewer things about TBR trilogy.

In ALL seriousness, these posts where we are roasting each other is all in fun and are not meant to be taken seriously. I know some people get all crazy with the roasting and they don’t like seeing it. Just know that we have high sarcasm levels and this is the result of late-night talking and sleep-deprived, caffeine-deprived discussions. 😂😂

Also, be sure to check out the others' posts. Yesterday, Lila Kims posted her roast and it's AMAZING!

Here is the schedule and the links to these amazing girls' blogs!

Lila Kims- Monday
Brooke- Tuesday (You are here!)
Lisa Elis- Wednesday
Gray Marie- Thursday
Faith- Friday

You May Also Like

33 comments

  1. (I keep reading TBR (the Blood Race) as TBR (to-be read) and I keep getting confused. XD clearly I’m sleep-deprived)

    This is an amazing series! I had to try not to laugh because I was reading this in public. XD (Although I kind of feel their pain because my friends are probably really annoyed by my constant Avatar references. XD) Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its okay it confused me at first, too, but now it's the opposite for me because I'm obsessed. Is it healthy? TOTALLY. xD

      Haha, yeah, aren't they so kind to me? 🙄😂😂😂

      Delete
  2. Well, that's it. Now I'm going to have to read The Blood Race just to figure this post out. XD Like
    Nicole I keep reading it as to-be read! This is an epic series you guys have come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose I must concede that you do mention this Fin fellow an awful lot though I'm sure he's nowhere as great as I am. Considering that you all mention me about ten times more than Fin each day. (Where's the horrid grin emoji?)

    your blog's not too bad, even though I still don't get why anyone should chase dragonflies.

    Cunningly yours,
    Cardan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. trust me, Cardan, Fin is AMAZING. I'm glad you decided to make your appearance here. Thanks for reading, you freak of nature.

      It's a metaphor.

      😂😂😂😂

      Delete
  4. lololololololololol This group chat sounds amazing!! This definitely sounds like the group chat Catherine, MK and i have. Lots of roasting going on there. Mostly about me XD i do a lot of stupid things XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA, To be fair, we roast Faith the most. She's always being roasted, actually. Come to think of it, *calls faith* FAITH, do we ever not roast you?

      It's so awesome to have a group of friends like that, though. <3

      No, not stupid things. Things so genius other people aren't smart enough for it yet. 😉

      Delete
    2. No you roast me 24/7 no exceptions *cackles*

      Delete
  5. We love you darling <3 You're the best! xD And yeah you really do talk about things other than TBR (sometimes) <3 blessed to call you my bestie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😭😭😭😭 you're too kind!!! Blessed that I have a bestie like you. <3 <3

      Delete
  6. This is so much funnnnnn!!!
    In all seriousness, I love you so much!! Thank you for making my day brigher!!! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun to write!!

      AWWW 😭😭😭😭😭 thank YOU for making my day better and for always being there for me. <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  7. Maybe I'm biased, but I LOVE THIS BLOG COLLAB!! XD

    It was soooooo fun roasting you. ;)) Nevertheless, you have EVERY right to love this book and Fin so much, because they are amazing. *heart eyes*

    You're awesome, girl. <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not at all. 😉

      YAAAAAASSSSSSSS I HAVE NO SHAME.

      No, you are! 💛💛💛

      Delete
  8. I love this! All of you need to do more of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! Who knows, maybe we'll do it again. xD

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. It honestly was amazing to do this. xD Thank you!!!

      Delete
  10. HAHA this was great! You guys are hilarious.

    Also, #Finneedshugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ha wait til we roast Faith! You can tell we roast Faith the most. xD

      YES. THIS. RIGHT HERE!

      Delete
  11. *GASP* THIS IS AMAZING!
    Now I really REALLY have to read TBR.
    (I just finished 100 Days of Sunlight AND HOLY COW. IT WAS AMAZING AND I AM SHOOK.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES READ IT YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!

      I'M SO HAPPY OU LOVE IT!!

      Delete
  12. Loves this post! I guess I should read the Blood Race. :D

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha, you girls are hilarious. Maybe I'll finally make my way around to reading this series ;)

    MB: keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB: thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This isn't even the half of it on roasting, lol. YES READ IT IT'S SO AWESOME.

      Delete
  14. THESE POSTS ARE LITERALLY KILLING ME!! XD XD XD
    *hides because I haven't read TBR series*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Killed us all with the roasting tbh. xD

      Read. It. Soon. xD xD

      Delete