:: dark to light ::

by - 7:00 AM



*Disclaimer: All pictures in this post are from Pinterest, so credit to their respective owners

life has it's own expectations of you
realistic or unrealistic
and it doesn't care if those are the things you desire
no, life will make sure you feel guilted into doing what it wants
but some are brave enough to break free
some are brave enough to see past the curtain of lies
some push past the curtain
to find a small, dirt path, hardly worn down
as no one takes that path
yet that path
is what brings excitement
to the one who wants to do what they want
and live the life they want
instead of living the life society has planned out for you

Pinterest: xxsocute4u                                     I'm freaking out I have school tomorrow and I don't know what in gonna do I'll probably end up having a panic attack or something because I'm so afraid to go back there
On this road trip there will be no schedule, no final destination. Just drive around and see where it takes us.
sometimes it would be nice to be brave enough to
chase the things that I think are worth chasing
but it also comes down to my fear being stronger
and making me think if I do what I want, I will
only disappoint the people who matter most to me       

and obviously being who I am, I don't want to 
upset or disappoint anyone

but I can't keep doing things the way others say I 
should. I know I've barely had a taste of all that is lifeand the "real world," though we all hate that
term.

I know I have a lot to learn. I know I have mistakes
you want to prevent me from making. But I can't keep
following the direction others are making for me

I have to make my own mistakes
my own decisions
I have to fail to learn anything
and there may be days where I sit here and say, "I wish
I would have listened to you," and you can say, "I told you 
so," but I'd rather fail than never do what I know in my 
heart to be right for this moment.


                                            

life doesn't ask you if you want to grow up
and when you are a child you think
that is all you want from life is to be an adult
but darling, no
that is not what you want
live out that youth
because as a child you are braver
then someone who has been chewed up 
and spit out
by adulthood
trust me

Corral | Women's Brown Crater Bone Embroidery Boot - A1094 | Country Outfitterit's not like I want to live my life
hiding away in my room
but sometimes my room feels safer
then it feels out there where 
everyone is 
because I feel emotions so deeply
and I'm scared of being hurt.
                                            











that maybe one of my biggest flaws
that maybe one of my biggest "lies I believe"
that the world is scary and dark
and yes it can be
and not just right now
but in any normal circumstance
expectations are high
and I
just
want 
to
b r e a t h e

but...
there is sunrises
sunsets
daydreams
nights of staring at the ceiling
moments of pain
moments of pure joy
moments of love
moments of loss
and even in the pain
there is beauty too

~ ~ ~ ~

I dream of a home to call my own sometimes
not that my house is a bad place to be
truly it isn't
actually, I love my childhood home with all my heart
and the idea of leaving is growing more tempting
but I know it would still hurt to go because this is what I've known
for twenty of my twenty-one years

but... i do dream of my own space
my own place
with my own rules that would probably not be
that different from the rules I already abide by, but hey, they would be mine

we are loving these plants for any room around the house and the big mirror with a wooden frame is beautiful! PC on Instagram: @celeste.escarcega           

              

I'd make a little cave
a place to hide out
where I can just breathe when life gets the best of me

                     interior decoration, interior decor, decor ideas, room ideas, work space ideas, creative room, creative work space, creative decor, interior design, creative interiors, bright room, colorful room, room re decoration, creative decoration, room inspiration, work space inspiration, floating desk, chalkboard wall, chalkboard room, bright wall, yellow wall, storage cabinet, storage solutions, multi purpose cabinet, curtains, chair, rug, cushions, fur rug, fur cushion, yellow pink blue color schem...

and my room would be different from any room design I've done before. I'd probably pain a galaxy on the wall or something weird like that. Something that is mine because galaxies are the only thing I can actually paint well to where they look like they're real. But just something darker than I usually have because it's comforting in some weird way for dark colors and light bed sheets? No it doesn't make sense but it's my aesthetic. nothing too dark but blue and feathers and plants and pictures. In fact it would be so full of life but so cozy.

No fur

just a place
to dream the dreams
I've lost to the void
the abyss
that no... if you stare into it
it doesn't stare into you
it captures you
and takes you over
and leaves you dreamless

don't fall into the abyss
and if you do
there is a way out
always
and remember
it taught you something








So, this post is a bit all over the place. But I've been having a hard time getting my thoughts to be put in a coherent post. I just... I don't know. My mind has been kind of all over the place. There has been so much going on in my life. And in such a short span of time. And I've been scared to post my emotions and feelings because emotions can be seen as a weakness. They can be used against me. But then I realized that I can't hide what I feel. This blog is my home.

And I'm not going to continue giving power to situations that don't matter anymore. I worried because what I see could be read as a weakness for what happened when really I don't even think about what happened anymore. Not really. But what if the emotions I express are read that way?

WHO CARES? I know what my posts mean. My friends know what they mean. This is my home. This is my place. I am kicking the demons out of my home. It's time to be honest.

Starting with this... sometimes I'm not okay. And that's okay. Sometimes I cry. Sometimes I fall apart. Sometimes life overwhelms me. Sometimes I don't think things through. But... there are sunsets. There are futures. There are dreams worth chasing. All of this mess is beautiful because it teaches me to feel something. In the chaos, there is so much more.





You May Also Like

14 comments

  1. I love you so much.

    Your dreams are valid. They are valuable. And they are worth pursuing with everything you have.

    Run toward them.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you so much!!! words can't describe that. <3 <3

      thank you, my love. I appreciate everything you do. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

      <3 <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  2. “but I'd rather fail than never do what I know in my heart to be right for this moment.”
    👆UM, YES👆

    CAN WE JUST TAKE A MOMENT TO RECOGNIZE HOW BEAUTIFUL THIS ENTIRE POST IS? I love you so much, Brookie, and please never be afraid to post these kind of posts because the true and loyal people will understand, I promise. <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 <3 <3

      Thank you, Bree. This post was hard to press publish on, I won't lie. Being vulnerable and open has been hard for me lately and I don't want it to be. I'm going to show my heart and my emotions because that is who I am. I'm not going to hide that anymore for fear of them being used against me. They're mine and no one else's. <3 <3 <3 <3

      Delete
    2. Yes! Your emotions and feelings are valid and belong to you, no matter what anybody says. <3 <3 <3 Your honesty inspires me and I honestly aspire to post more like you.

      Delete
    3. Oh my word thank you!! <3 <3 :')

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. <3 <3
    I love you.
    Your thoughts matter, never forget your worth and potential!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that part about adulthood and childhood really hit home. You said it perfectly. <3 <3 <3

    And this was a BEAUTIFUL post - don't be afraid to share this! We understand, and we love you. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. it's been on my mind forever, tbh. <3 <3

      thank you!! I'm defintely stepping out more from now on. <3

      Delete
  5. Sometimes I feel like wanting my own place even though I love my childhood home. It's quite conflicting sometimes.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete