a letter to my best friend

by - 9:00 AM



tomorrow is your birthday

and that means it's a very special day

it means tomorrow is the day of birth of someone who impacted my life greatly

and showed me what it means to have a best friend

the person I know will never betray or hurt me

we've been through a lot

we've been through hell and back

apart and together

we've watched as people leave us behind

we've watched as things crumbled apart around us

you've stood with me in my darkest of nights

you've stood with me in my brightest of days

you've watched me rise, fall, and repeat

often you've been the one to help dust me off and start me back up on the right path again

you've used the Edna Mode method of slapping me with a metaphorical newspaper roll when I've fallen too deep in the dark abyss

you can't even BEGIN to comprehend how much you've changed my life for the better

a lot of people tend to focus on a romantic soulmate, but not enough attention goes to friendship soulmates.

You are my best friend soulmate, the person meant to be there in the highs and lows.

The person meant to smack me around with a newspaper roll when I get too ridiculous.

you accept me as I am and you want me as nothing less

I hope I'm half the friend to you that you are to me because you deserve the WORLD.

I love you, Faith.

May your day be filled with blessings and light and love and hope.

Also, this was sappy but I hope you know you're stuck with me for the rest of your life because I am the parasite that will stick to you forever.

love you boo.


You May Also Like

17 comments

  1. *hysterical sobbing* BROOOOOOOOKE why you gotta make me cry like this

    Okay but seriously...you are amazing and I love you so, so, so much. Like beyond words. Nothing I can say will be articulate enough after this...so let's just go with: I LOVE YOU and I can't imagine my life without you. You're amazing. You're beautiful. I'm so blessed to have you and I'm so glad God allowed us to know each other.

    ACK boo. <3 <3 I love you so much. Keep being amazing. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sobs* No you're the best I LOVE YOU and I don't deserve you. <3 <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  2. (also I will never let you forget that you publicly said you need me to Edna Mode slap you. You're not getting away from that one. Mwahaha.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay but truly...you're the best not me *sobs* I'll stop spamming now but like <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'ALL I AM CRYING!!! THIS IS SO SWEET!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAITH!!!! I HOPE YOU HAVE THE BEST DAY!!!! <333

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday in advance Fairg but don't expect me not to say that five more times tomorrow 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this was the sweetest thing! You two are #friendshipgoals and inspire me every single day. <3

    And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FAITH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the sweetest thing ever. 💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful!! Happy birthday, Faith!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL <3 *All the warm feels*

    ReplyDelete
  10. THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! Happy (late) Birthday, Faith!! <33333

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was so beautiful ahh <3 And I agree about best friend soulmates! They totally exist.

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete