::Drowning Again::

by - 9:00 AM

I wrote this in March. I had no intention to share it, but then I decided someone may need it. If you want the mood of this short piece, listen to DIVING BELL by STARSET.




how dark the waters that rise above me
shifting, churning
waves hitting me like a slap in the face
heart bruised more than anything

my mind a deep cave
where my thoughts take a turn
bending, twisting
cold
unforgiving
yet...familiar
and not at all safe

drowning below the merciless waves
depression, anxiety
betrayal
loss
numbness encompasses me
and all at once
my thoughts turn dark again

and all at once, I'm alone
I try to swim
but can't seem to break the surface
drowning in my own despair
hating myself all the more

praying fiercely
feeling as though my words go unheard

And then there is light
and air
breathe
inhale
exhale
repeat

You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. <3 <3 <3

    i love you

    so much

    you are beautiful

    you are loved

    don't ever forget that <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3

      I love you too

      more than words describe

      you are AMAZING

      and you are beautiful

      <3 <3

      Delete
  2. Wow i'm in love with this! You are so amazing and so loved Brooke <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You are loved and so so kind and wonderful!! <3

      Delete
  3. This was amazing, Brooke. You managed to seriously capture the way (emotionally)drowning feels - thank you for sharing this <3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a similar poem a few months ago (I’ll send it to you on Twitter😘). But this is so beautiful. I love it. I love you. <3<3<3 Also, Diving Bell is beautiful, I’m listening to it now. I really need to listen to them more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 <3 <3 Thank you. It's beautiful!

      Yessssss <3

      Delete
  5. That was beautiful! And the ending. I love the light and hope. It was perfect. <3

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really hit me in the heart. Beautiful piece <3

    ReplyDelete