where I've been

by - 6:00 AM

I've been hiding. I've been contemplating everything about this blog. I've been struggling to even write posts. The amount of drafts of this post I've deleted is insane. 


My heart has been heavy lately. Just a lot going on in my personal life all hitting at once. There's been a lot of good, too. I got a car, which is exciting. It's a small SUV named Jane. (Yes, that is a The Raven Cycle reference 😏)

As I write this, I've taken a week off from social media. 

Mental health is important, kids. 

Anyway... I've just been working and trying to survive being an adult. 

Faith is going through United We Fall one more time before I format. It's getting very close, frens. 

I'm not really sure what to write for the rest of this post. I don't really know if I can guarantee much more in terms of blogging. I get steam to do it, and then I lose steam just as fast. No one really blogs anymore. A lot of the OG bloggers we all looked up to have either stopped blogging or they've moved to YouTube. And hey, I'm happy for them because GO QUEENS. But I miss the time when blogging was a big thing. 

I'm not someone who feels comfortable in front of a camera, so YouTube isn't really an option for me right now. (Although many have requested for Faith and I to start a YouTube channel together. 😅 Definitely not ruling that out or anything but not any time soon I don't think.) 

so... yeah. that's basically it. I'm not making any promises to be around here. But who knows, maybe I'll find myself and figure it out.

Thank you to everyone who has followed me and supported me on this journey. You've been amazing. A lot has happened in these past four years, two of those years being on this blog. I've made friends. I've lost some along the way. I've had meaningful conversations. And this blog has meant a lot to me. 

If you want to keep up with me, you can follow me on Instagram, Twitter, I also have a Facebook page. You can also follow me on Goodreads and Pinterest. All my links are on this blog at the top and in the sidebar. 

This is goodbye for now.

Excelsior! Onward and Upward

Stay Amazing, Frens. 

~Brooke

You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. I'm so sorry your heart has felt heavy. I, too, have been blogging a little less and spending more time on Instagram, as it seems that's where all the action is right now. And I'm realizing it's OKAY to step back from certain things. It's OKAY to readjusted your schedule and online presence as the world and you yourself change. There is no shame in that. We can't always keep doing what our younger selves did. That's not how life works.

    I love your posts and your beautiful words, but if you need to step back from things, there is absolutely no shame in that. It is good and healthy and I support you all the way.

    You have such a beautiful soul, dear Brooke, and I do hope you will find much, much light in the days to come. *MANY HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christine! That means so much to me. You're such a kind and dear soul. Your comments have brightened my day so many times <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  2. Blogging is HARD, and there's no shame in that. And no matter where you run, Imma follow, so keep that in mind ;) I love you so so much, and I KNOW you're going to find yourself. I pray for you every day. I'm so glad this platform let me get to know you and no matter where you go, I'll be here. <3 <3 <3 You rock, and you're going to have a brilliant and bright future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😭😭 you're my best friend and you mean the world to me thank you

      Delete
  3. Why is it that life isn't just one thing after another, its sometimes several things all at once? Yuck

    Can't wait to see United We Fall and all the lovely characters. (Of course, your mental health needs to come first and only write things when its good for you and helps for your happiness!)

    I'll see you on Goodreads :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, a lot of OG bloggers really have moved on from blogging to other things, now that I think about it...but I fully support you in whatever you need to do for your mental, spiritual, and all around health. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to support you with anything since you're an amazing person and you have encouraged me so much. I can't imagine my life without your beautiful words. See you when you're back on Instagram. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Instagram posts! Glad I'll see you somewhere even if it isn't always here.
    I miss when blogging was big too. :D

    ReplyDelete