truthfully...

by - 6:00 AM



truthfully... I haven't stuck to my four pillars. I could feel myself veering off track lately with what I set out to do in giving myself structure for this blog. 

but my issue lies in the fact that the four pillars I set for myself were not four pillars that suited me and who I am as a creative. I don't always have a writing update for every month. and honestly, my best advice for writing is to not follow advice to the letter, but to just... write. discover who you are in your writing by writing with emotions. 

the only posts that felt like suited me were the ones where I could write poetry or talk about music or give a little update on where I am in life. 

I gave myself pillars that would seem to fit what is expected of a writer and an author to talk about. but I don't have those qualities. 

I waste a lot of time trying to be an author. and what I mean by that isn't time spent writing or plotting or being on pinterest or spotify. I mean I waste time trying to be something I'm not. 

I'm a messy human being and I make so many posts about resetting this blog, getting my life on track, and the truth is this: my life is a mess.

my room surrounding me is a dumpster fire and it's probably contributing to the anxiety flooding my veins. 

I work a very early shift for my day job and honestly, my day job has been sucky lately. 

mental clarity? I don't know her. 

I'm trying to figure out my path in life and figure out what it is that I'm meant to do. I'm trying to make ends meet on sucky four hour shifts. I'm trying to save up for a small SUV so I can have my independence back. Even just to drive around my neighborhood for thirty minutes to get out of the house would be wonderful. 

(no offense to my family, I love them dearly.) 

emotionally I often feel unstable and unsure and unsteady and all the things no one wants to feel. 

I don't really write posts being this raw because I'm a private person. I don't like my personal life being out there. There's people who exist out there that I'd rather not have reading my life, but honestly... there isn't enough honesty in this world. 

in the world of filters and polished words and smiles and acting like everything is fine... 

don't get me wrong, I love filters on instagram. I love playing with them and having fun. 

But there comes a point where fake is fake and everyone thinks that these "influencers" have it perfect. I fall prey to thinking some of my favorite authors, Indie or Traditional, have it perfect. 

circling back to this blog, this corner of the internet that is mine... realistically I will post when I want. and there may be some structure to what I do. but winging it seems to be all I can do right now. I'm not going to act like everything is perfect in my life and have all these polished posts while I'm screaming on the inside. 

I'm not going to detail every bit of my person life either. 

I don't write this for pity or for people to try to cheer me up. I'm an INFP and if I'm going to be lost in emotions, only I can bring myself out of it again, haha. 

that aside, this isn't for attention, but I've felt the need to address this and honestly it felt embarrassing. so many times I've set out to reset this blog and make it something bigger than it was ever meant to be. this blog is going to be an online journal. you may get a writing update. you may get a life post. you may get a random music post. 

I'm not a perfect author. 

I am not good at faking perfection. 

I am a raw and real human. 

maybe that doesn't sell books but at this point I don't care. If I'm not genuine, I burn out so fast. and I'm tired of burning out of this blog. I want it to be a place I can come to for comfort. 

despite all the struggle, I've loved writing for you. You make me want to write. 

so this blog is going to be different from now on. 

this is going to be a letter, a journal, to you about everything I want to say. 

and if that's not your cup of tea, I don't judge. you don't have to come back. 

but I am going to be genuinely me from now on. 

and I am not perfect. I am a mess. 

so that's all I needed to say for today. I know I've flopped around so many times with this blog. and I'm annoying myself so much with it, while building up all this anxiety that my readers are judging me and most likely you don't even care what I do half the time. 

but yeah... so if you made it through that entire post good on you. proud of you for actually reading that whole thing. If you saw how this post kind of kept going on and and on so you scrolled to the bottom...

TL;DR: I am a human, I am a mess, I'm not perfect, and I'm done trying to pretend like I've got everything under control and start posting only when I feel like it and only what I what to post instead of following a system that I was trying to follow to be "cool" and "professional"

I'm just me. 

🖤

You May Also Like

15 comments

  1. "Mental clarity? I don't know her" Oof I feel that
    We love you just the way you are! Post when you want!
    I'm just out here using the conman system to combat my imposter syndrome so :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! I definitely think there's a small hiatus coming just because life has me feeling so meh right now.

      imposter syndrome is the worst 🥴

      Delete
  2. As a fellow incredibly messy human. Who seems to fail at most everything this really hits home.
    No matter what you post, I'm here for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I appreciate your continued support <3 <3 we've got this

      Delete
  3. "mental clarity, i don't know her" YO SAME you do you tho! post whenever you want! Write whatever you want! Life's too short to stick to what the world wants you to do. I'm always here for you if you need me! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!!! Awww thanks, fren!! <3 <3 <3 and you know where to find me

      Delete
  4. Just being you is a beautiful, beautiful thing and you should always embrace that. <3

    I fail miserably at commenting, but I always LOVE what you post. Your blog is so well named, because your words really do penetrate to the soul and leave me filling full and refreshed.

    I think blogging is a super cathartic thing and SHOULD be used to share whatever we want. My sister the other day said she was worried about her IG account because she doesn't act very "professional" over there. And I told her professionalism these day is being yourself. We all love honestly, we're drawn to people who embrace themselves. Our "brand" is US, and so our social media and blogs and whatever should absolutely reflect that.

    So all that blabbering to say: You absolutely should just post whatever is on your heart, because that is the most engaging content out there.

    I so appreciate you being open with us and sharing this. I think we can ALL relate. We're all just messy people struggling with this hard life, but that is okay, because our God is so much bigger than our messes. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh your comment filled me with so much warmth and hope 😭😭😭😭 thank you so much!! you're absolutely right. we are our own brands and the world needs more rawness and more openness and being vulnerable instead of complete professionals because we're all a little messy.

      I'm so glad my blog has been something that fills you with warmth 😭😭😭 coming from an amazing blogger like you that absolutely makes my day <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  5. I, for one, really really and truly need your honesty. I appreciate your rawness and your truthfulness because life isn't all about having it together. I had this motto in high school that it's okay to be broken, and that's always been my advice to people. So, embrace your broken pieces, Brooke, because God is stitching a masterpiece together with them, as we speak. He makes you whole; not this blog. Rely on Him and look to Him, and the path will, if slowly, be made clear with a million twinkling lights.

    I'm always here if you need someone to talk to or someone to listen. 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😭😭😭😭😭 your comments always put a smile on my face and a warmth in my heart. thank you, Bree. You're so wonderful and a huge inspiration. that motto is beautiful and your encouragement is everything 💕💕✨✨😭😭

      Delete
  6. I admire you so much for being so honest and real about your struggles. It really uplifts me and makes me feel seen when I am struggling with mental health issues, especially now. I am always eager to read your posts because I really do feel like I can feel a human soul through your words, all of its beauty and brokenness. I like knowing that sometimes it isn't okay. That it is okay to struggle, to feel down and lost, and that life is just too hard. But above all, I like finding the hope between the lines, feeling comforted that someone out there understands and, yes, sees me. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this comment made me want to cryyy 😭🥺 I'm so glad you feel seen and understood, that you feel the humanity behind my words. Biggest compliment I could ever have. Thank you. I hope my posts continue to inspire you. My goal is to write posts with real and raw emotion but to always have a little light to them. because even when we are surrounded by darkness, if we just look up, we can see the light at the end of it all. <3 <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for being honest <3 I love you and your heart, and whatever you have to do to make this blog a safe place for yourself is the right move. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel you baby I feel you ✨ hence my indefinite blogging hiatus ahh

    ReplyDelete