i was feeling anxious so i wrote you a poem

by - 6:00 AM



I was feeling anxious so I wrote you a poem
only to remember you wouldn't see it
because you weren't coming back to me

yet I kept writing the poem
wishing dearly that maybe some day
I could set the paper free to the wind
and it would find you
wherever you may be

i filled it with every word i never said
and every emotion i never let breathe
i told you of feeling restless
and helpless
as you walked through the door

and in my mind i thought maybe
maybe i could bring you back to me
but would it be true?
could it be us?
would you love me again?

did you even love me before?
all that i knew was a lie between us
every touch
every kiss
every whisper in the soft moonlight

and when you left
you left me shaken
with anxiety and grief
mourning what i thought we were
mourning what we'd never be

You May Also Like

10 comments