some of the words in my soul

by - 6:00 AM



in a glance
i saw you there
waiting in the corner
perhaps waiting for someone
to make the move
to speak to you 

such a lonely corner
and such a broken place
to search for other souls
yet here I am
and here you are 

~*~

in the night
as darkness falls 
all is quiet
and I think
I am the only soul to exist

but maybe
somewhere out there
you're still awake
staring at the ceiling too
and thinking that perhaps
I exist
and am thinking of you 

~*~

it always seems to me
that you can feel the moment
when someone begins slipping away from you 
the moment you begin to lose them 
and you see them going about their own way
and you feel the ache of being left behind
you've tried so hard to ignore that pain
but eventually it's obvious 
you're going your own way, too
and sometimes we lose the best ones along the way

~*~

   cover your soul
protect your mind
there's a war to be waged
and you are the fight

~*~

"in my mind
endless sea
calling from the bottom
but you don't hear me"
~diving bell
"We're singing
Heya heya heya heya
Heya, heya heya
This is the safest way to go nobody gets hurt"
~speeding car

"Watch the stars as they're dancin'
Like I'm caught in a trance and...
I will steal every one for you
See you on the horizon
I will be lightenin'
I will fly through the night for you"
~to tell you the truth

"Say you have a little faith in me
Just close your eyes and let me lead
Follow me home
Need to have a little trust in me
Just close your eyes and let me lead
Follow me home
To where the lonely ones roam"
~where the lonely ones roam


"So don't tell me when it's over
I don't wanna know
I'm done carrying the weight of the world
So heavy on my shoulders
I just wanna feel this love
Even if it's only when I'm tripping I see your face
I ain't doing no one a favour while I'm sober
For the moment I can only hope this lasts
'Cause when the high stops then I know that you're gone"
~gone

~*~

just a little bit of jumbled words that have taken shape lately for me and song lyrics I always connect with. I didn't really have an idea for a post this week, but wanted to put something out there. hope you enjoyed and maybe took something from this.

next week, I have some big news for you, so stay tuned <3 

You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. the lyricssssss

    You really should do posts like this more often <3 these little random snippets feel like getting a peep into your journal, and it's really precious that you're willing to share those pieces of your heart with us, so...post more like this

    and BIG NEWS ACK I mean I already know it buuuuuuut I'm still excited >;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 <3 <3

      aww thanks boo!! 🥰🥰

      of course you know >;) you know everything muhahaha but yes big news

      Delete
  2. I love this type of post so much. <3 <3 <3 I basically echo everything Faith said XD (and oooo, SO EXCITED for the announcement!!! :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much! I will definitely do more posts like this as I love them too!

      >:) it will be amazing

      Delete
  3. My soul relates to those thoughts so hard. I feel seen. <3 And those lyrics achingly beautiful.
    Ooo, news? I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love posts like these! I always have a jumble of poetry and lyrics in all my journals.

    ReplyDelete