:: august slipped away into a moment in time ::

by - 5:00 AM

August, how you broke me and strengthened me
the worst days happened here
and so did the best
August, as I say goodbye another year
we'll meet again soon
I wish you well

Divisions (album) - Wikipedia

In my mind
endless sea
calling from the bottom
but you don't hear me
send your line
down to me
meet me on the surface
I will never leave

:: diving bell ::


Download Album: SHY Martin — Sad Songs (EP Zip & Tracks) | by Daihjondavish  | Aug, 2020 | Medium

Is it alright, is it alright if I don't make sense
Even to myself?
Can I call you back again
When I'm out of feelings
Done with missing out on things
And I'm missing you
Can I call you back?

:: can I call you back? ::


But are you happy looking back at us
When you met me?
Would you go back and tell yourself to leave it
Knowing what we know?

:: are you happy? ::


Folklore (Taylor Swift album) - Wikipedia

I think I've seen this film before
And I didn't like the ending
You're not my homeland anymore
So what am I defending now?
You were my town, now I'm in exile, seein' you out
I think I've seen this film before
So I'm leavin' out the side door
:: exile ::

Vessels (Starset album) - Wikipedia

Isolated, I succumb to the weight of the world
Separated, I fall from the sky
~music~
is this death or rebirth
falling back to the earth

:: back to earth ::

and the world is cold
but it's beautiful
I wish you were here now
I miss your soul
but you lost your light
when the darkness called
I stand here waiting
the last to fall

:: last to fall ::

I don't know what to say
But I'm going to want you till the stars evaporate
We're only here for just a moment in the light
One day it shines for us the next we're in the night
So say the word and I'll be running back to find you
A thousand armies won't stop me I'll break through
I'll soar the endless skies for only one sight
Of your starlight

:: starlight ::


Eyes Open - Wikipedia

if I lay here
if I just lay here
would you lie with me and just forget the world?
forget what we're told
before we get too old
show me a garden that's bursting into life

:: chasing cars ::

LEDGER - My Arms - Daily Play MPE®Daily Play MPE®


don't be afraid
I know you think you're on your own
but you'll be okay
you don't have to go through it alone
fall into My arms
fall into My arms
you're not the one who needs to be strong
fall into My arms

:: my arms ::


needless to say I listened to a lot of Starset.

I have a new process for my writing, which I plan to share later this month. It's working really well for me and it helps me stay focused and not feel so pulled in different directions with writing projects. But what I will say is, I want to start collecting my word counts at the end of every month, see what the word count is on each projects. 

I also wrote some poetry and flash fiction this month. (You can find the flash fiction on my Instagram, *wink wink*)

I journaled a lot too. Here are some out of context excerpts. (Some are a bit melodramatic. I have a tendency to try and be poetic when journaling.)

that's my constant battle. The desire to be different, to be real, yet be everything people want me to be. 
:: august 2nd, 2020 ::

I want normal, but what was normal to begin with?
:: august 7th, 2020 ::

"oh, this wasn't in my plans, abandon ship and heading for the sands..." ~ starset
:: august 12th, 2020 ::
(sometimes I just journal lyrics that speak what I cannot say.)

The world is falling apart and I'm supposed to keep moving.
:: august 13th, 2020 ::

"If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?" ~snow patrol
:: august 15th, 2020 ::

and I just...
:: august 16th, 2020 ::

my mind is going in circles, spinning
:: august 23rd, 2020 ::

I just want to heal
:: august 25th, 2020 ::

I just let myself get lost in the noise...
:: august 26th, 2020 ::

I'm struggling, but I refuse to give up. I won't give up. 
:: august 27th, 2020 ::

"went the madness all around us starts to take its toll
it's a long dark winding road we're one
but I carry on" ~ the score
:: august 28th, 2020 ::

"I'm not feeling numb, I'm just feeling everything at once." ~mothica
:: august 29th, 2020 ::

and here is the truth
life is really hard. It hurts. Things happen. People leave. 
:: august 30th, 2020 ::

August, you've taught me some things. 
I hope September is kinder
(Future Brooke here. Nope, nope it is not. :) )

Stay amazing guys!










You May Also Like

10 comments