Stop The Negativity// A Rant

by - 8:54 AM



Hello, my friends. Thanks for checking in once again. Today, I have a bit of a rant that's been on my heart, something that's been weighing me down for a little while.

This isn't going to be controversial (or maybe it will be, who knows?) This is just something I've wanted to say for a long time and finally decided it was time.

You Are Enough.

Okay, I am guilty of this, but saying negative things about ourselves is NOT okay. My friends and I often call ourselves potatoes, or we say our pictures are bad.

You know what?

We're all actually pretty amazing. We're hot. I'm not going to lie. 😂😂😂

And yet...

we do this thing where we're like, "I'm sorry, I'm such a potato."

"Ugh, my hair is horrible in this picture, I'm sorry."

"I look like a potato, but look at my new shirt/pants/whatever clothing item."

No.

We are beautiful people.

You are beautiful.

Suicide prevention week was last week, but people often feel insecure, ugly, and not worthy. This leads to depression and anxiety. I know. I was there. Sometimes, I still am there. Sometimes, I still go back to that scared little girl, not quite sure why she was alive. I go back to wondering what my purpose is on this earth and if I really matter.

I've come a long way from that and I owe it to myself to acknowledge the fact that, yes, I am actually stunning.

(So are my friends, by the way.)

We are a beautiful group of young women. And we are enough.

I'm not saying this to be vain. Beauty is so much more than just what the eye can behold. Beauty is deep within. And it starts in the mind and the heart.

I fail a lot, calling myself a potato, saying I'm ugly, saying I have too much acne (cystic acne is not easy to get rid of, ya feel me? I will talk about that later, though.)

Basically, all I'm trying to say is we, as humans, need to stop saying such negative things about ourselves. It's a bad habit and cycle and it's honestly so toxic to our souls. We tell ourselves that we're fat, or that we are ugly, and that's not okay.

Look, every person you see on the street has a story. And every person you see on the street is saying negative things about themselves.

We need to stop this cycle and be kind to ourselves. We were created for a purpose, and none of that purpose includes the negative things we say about ourselves.

So, look in the mirror. Don't look at your acne, your scars, how your stomach sticks out a bit, or how your arms are a bit bigger. Don't look at how skinny you are compared to everyone else, or how short or tall you are.

No, just look deeper. Into your own soul, into your own mind. Look at the things you love. Look at how they make you glow.

You are beautiful. <3


You May Also Like

20 comments

  1. I needed to read this this morning.
    Thank you for your honesty.
    Love,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 <3 I'm so glad it could be something you needed. Thank you for reading. <3 <3

      Delete
  2. <3

    Honestly, I never understood where calling oneself a potato came from? What exactly are they trying to get across?

    Like, Y'ALL. STOP. You are AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It began, for me, to be silly, but I found myself doing it more and more whenever I took a picture of myself or whenever I saw myself in the mirror and it's not okay. It's definitely okay and not vain to acknowledge ourselves as beautiful. Because we are!

      Delete
  3. Ahh, I already told you, but THIS!! I LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful post, Brooke. <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true. We are a bunch of hot girls ;p I must say sometimes I hate that some of my curves are just so curvy ... but at the same time, I try to love how God made me. I also believe we should look at people deeper than their skin, and have always thought that way, and for that reason I say I've never seen an ugly person. It REALLY annoys me when people talk about people's looks and say someone else is ugly or such ;0

    MB: keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB: thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God made us all beautiful in our own ways. You're so right. I know, it annoys me too, when people focus on looks. <3

      Delete
  6. Aww this is so sweet <3 you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete