drowning: a poem

by - 7:20 AM

 
I thought I made it out alive
but you pushed me back into the waters
now I'm fighting to hold my breath
I don't want to drown

I kick and kick the water
but you chained an anchor to my ankle
pulling me deep
d e e p
d e e p
d e e p e r

I try to swim up
try to find my way
but I'm only dragged further down
by the anchor of your deceit

your lies
your words
your manipulation
pull me to the bottom

I want to get away
why'd you have to make me this way?
I'm screaming now
fighting just to breathe
but only come to water
d r o w n
d r o w n
d r o w n i n g

and as the last of the air
leaves my lungs
I curse your name
a bitter taste on my tongue

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. the depth (lol no pun intended why am I like this) of this is astounding. you're amazing. and i love you. so freaking much.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartbreakingly beautiful. Your poems are always so deep. <3

    ReplyDelete