Short Story Contest #1

by - 7:00 AM



Hello, beautiful soul. As you can tell by the title of this blog post, I have a very special opportunity for you.

When I began Storyteller Heart (previously Chasing Dragonflies), I started it with an intention to change the world one soul at a time with the use of words, lyrical prose, and something worth reading.

And as this blog has progressed into something so rewarding, it's become a safe place for me and I hope it can be a safe place for you as well.

Of course, something that I've been pondering lately is how every writer has a purpose, a message, that they want to share. And it's a very beautiful thing to do. Impacting lives, creating worlds, being the author of a story worth sharing.

So I've decided to hold a contest. Something challenging, but fun.

- Entries must be equal to or less than 1,000 words to be considered.
- All entries must include the prompt provided at the end of this post.
- The deadline to enter is Wednesday, March 25th, 2020.
- The winning story will be posted on Wednesday, April 1st, 2020.
- All entries must be kept at a PG-13 level or lower. This means no sexually explicit content, no rude humor or innuendos, and keep all crass language to a minimum. 
- The story can be contemporary, fantasy, dystopian... no genre (except for erotic genres) is off-limits.
- Have fun.

*On Thursday, March 26th, 2020 all entries will be closed and Lila Kims and I will be judging and choosing one winner. 

Imagine, a character who is trying to figure out life and what they believe in. Will they choose light or darkness?


With that, I leave you to it. I have attached a google doc below for all submissions. Remember you have over a month to complete your story and enter.








You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. Acccckkkk you know I'm entering this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks AMAZING!!! I am 1000% going to enter this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this sounds AWESOME and I am definitely entering this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so exciting!!! I might not be able to enter because I have a LOT going on, but good luck to everyone who submits!! <333

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I’m totally entering. I just have to remember to actually write something and submit it in time. 💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to find the time to do this!!

    ReplyDelete