I'm Back// NaNo Results+Aesthetics+Rise Updates

by - 7:00 AM



*Author note: Lots of squealing and flailing will be happening beyond this point. You have been warned.

Image result for I'm back gif



Hello, everyone! I'm back!

In case you missed the last post, (which you can find here) I went on hiatus for my first time doing NaNoWriMo. I knew there would be absolutely no way I could write 50,000 words and blog posts and work a full-time job and work on some other things.

But now that NaNoWriMo has come to an end, I am back to writing blog posts.

Today, I'm going to show you some aesthetics and snippets from my NaNo project. Of course, the big issue with sharing too much is that my NaNo project is a sequel to my upcoming novel, Rise. But, I am going to give as much non-spoiler information that I can. Plus, all snippets will be out of context so that's fun for you and even more fun for me because I know the context. 😏😏

(This post was inspired by my bestie who is a NaNo QUEEN. You can find her blog here. You should follow her blog. Totally non-biased. 😂)

First things first, let me give you the stats.

I started the first full week of NaNoWriMo with a vacation from work, which gave me a huge boost on word count goals.

Project Name: Fall(working title)

First half of NaNo- 34,107 words written
Second half of NaNo- 16,334

Snippets:

~ Once alone, I feel the urge to scream. I grab a pillow and throw it over my face before screaming. I can see why girls do it. Therapeutic.

~ My mom grabs me, turning me to face her. “Are you all right?”
I brush her hands off me, stepping back. “Of course, I’m fine. Why wouldn’t I be?”

I lean against the pillar at the entrance of the school. My mom is running late. Again. This has happened all week, and I’m not going to bother Spencer again. But as usual, his truck pulls up in front of me. “She’s working late again?”

~ “This is some deep crap you’ve been going through. You’re fifteen, right? Why would you worry about this kind of thing?”

 “Linley, I told you all never to enter this room.”
Her eyes dance with a spark behind them, more than that, a flame. She’s proud of her feat, sneaking in here and startling me. 

I sit, hugging my knees to my chest on the small cot. It’s cold in here, or maybe it’s me. I don’t know. I let the tears fall, the ones I’ve held back for days. They come easy now.



Final Word Count: 50,441

Any Days missed?

Oh yes, plenty of days. Besides the fact on some days I just didn't feel it, I also got into a car accident, which prevented me from focusing on my writing. (I wasn't hurt, I just mentally could not do it.)

But on November 25th, I hit 50,441 words and also finished my novel.

Will this be the final word count?

No.

Often times when I go in to edit the book in about four to six months, I end up with a higher word count. I'm hoping to bring it up between 65k and 70k.

This is the second novel I've ever finished in my life, Rise being the first one. Speaking of Rise, I have some fantastic updates to share with you.

All right, time for what you came for. Here are three big updates about Rise.

1. The official Title for Rise is...




AAAAAAHHHHH YOU ALL KNOW THE OFFICIAL TITLE!!!

How We Rise is going to be my debut novel in 2020. Which leads me to my next update.

2. The official release date has been selected...

AAAHHHSDFGHJJKL WHAT??

How We Rise has an official release date, but I am not sharing what that date is just yet. Don't worry, early next year, you will know more.

and finally...

3. How We Rise is with an editor...

And we aren't just talking about any editor, either. We're talking about one of the best editors in the world.

Y'all know how I am obsessed with The Blood Race and 100 Days of Sunlight. Well, the lovely editor of those two books is working on my book. As. We. Speak. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! *flails*

(FYI, I am not bragging, I'm just so freaking pumped right now.)

All these things have me so pumped and ready to take on the world!

I can't wait to tell you more about How We Rise and give you all the details.

I will be starting a street team early next year, and the street team will be the first to know all the details as well as spread the word about my book around their social media when they have the chance. There will be a post on that in January where you will be able to sign up. There will be limited places to be a part of the street team, so make sure you sign up when you can. I can't select everyone and it's a first-come, first-serve basis. (Unless you are one of those lovely spam accounts bothering me and my friends on our blogs. If you sign up, you won't be selected.)

Now, on to the aesthetics...







For more aesthetics, check out my Pinterest board here.


All right, that's it for now.

Tell me all about your NaNo project!
Did you reach your goal?
Or did you focus on quantity?
Let's talk below!










You May Also Like

29 comments

  1. This book looks like so much coolness!! AND YOUR EDITOR! 😱 This is just so epic. Congrats on winning NaNo!

    Ah the spam comments. :/ XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! AAAHHHH YESSS 😱😱
      Thank you!!!

      yeah. :/

      Delete
  2. BOOOOOOOOOOOO

    I am so stoked for you and this is just awesome and ahkladjfljadklfhadklfdskfjdask *flails forever* BROOKE YOU ARE SUCCEEDING AND GOING SO MANY PLACES AND JUST AHHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOO <3

      *flails forever with you* YOU ARE TOO NICE TO ME, LOVE YOU!!! 😭😭💛💛

      Delete
  3. AAAAAAAAHHHHHH OH MY WORD I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU. and there’s a TITLE and A STREET TEAM EVENTUALLY and AESTHETICS and SNIPPETS. *screaming*

    I’m so excited, both for this book and for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSSS THANK YOU SO MCUH!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!! your support means everything!! <3 <3

      Delete
  4. AHHHHHH, I LOVE THE TITLE, BROOKE!!!!!!
    And those snippets, DUDE.😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO EXCITING !!! cannot wait for the release date reveal !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MUhahahahahha soooooooner than you think. 😏😏😏

      Delete
  6. AKLDSKLKLDKFJSLKDFLS I"M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! I believe you're going to do great things and i can't wait to see what the future has in store for you <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also the aesthetics are amazing!! <3

      Delete
    2. 😭😭😭 you are soooo kind THANK YOU!!!

      Thanks!!! <3 <3

      Delete
  7. GAAAHHHH I LOVE THAT TITLE AND THOSE AESTHETICS AND THOSE SNIPPETS AND wow I'm so excited for this

    CONGRATS WITH ALL THAT PROGRESS YOU MADE ON NANO!! Also I'm gonna be watching for that street team post ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

      YAY!!!! I look forward to seeing your sign up. <3

      Delete
  8. Eeeeekk!!!! This is so exciting!!! Way to go, Brooke!!! 2020! I can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no idea what either one of your books are about, but the snippets are super interesting! (And I love sharing out of context snippets too! And then sitting back and giggling because nobody else knows what is happening. xD)

    I love the title, and congrats on the release date and editor! So exciting!

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'll be sharing more as time comes closer to release more info. xD

      Thank you!!!

      Delete
  10. It sounds so awesome!! Love the aesthetics! I can't wait to hear more about How We Rise!

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Congrats on finishing NaNo!
    AND CONGRATS ON THE EDITOR! THAT'S AMAZING!

    I did reach my goal! I was working on rewrites (for my secret project!)and I made it...50% through the story? Maybe a little more?


    AND OH MY GOSH! I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE HOW WE RISE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!!
      I AM FREAKING PUMPED FOR THIS!!!

      YAY! CONGRATS TO YOU!!! ooooh can't wait!!!

      THANK YOU SO MUCH ASDFGHJKL 😭😭💛💛

      Delete
  12. Wow taking a word like rise and turning it into a title like THAT. You're brilliant. Can't wait for the release ... and congrats on Nano ;)

    MB> keturahskorner.blogspot.com the
    PB> thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!! *cannot wait until release day* And I love all of the snippets! (Especially the first one, I laughed hard at it. :D ) Congrats on winning NaNo! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! Aww, thanks <3 <3

      Hahaha yeah I think that was Peter, but I already forgot, haha. <3 <3 <3

      Thank you!!!

      Delete
  14. OFFICIAL TITLE

    PETER

    NANO WINNER!

    PETER!

    EDITOR!!

    PETER!!!

    AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

    So excited for you, Brookey, oh my WORD <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

      *flails*

      YESSSSSSS

      *flails*

      OH MY LANTA I KNOW

      *flails*

      *screams with you in eternity*

      THANK YOU, GIRL!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

      Delete